Hey fashion lovers,
Have you begun to think about how you will transition into Spring? I know the ground hog saw his shadow and this past election season makes the Winter seem a bit longer, but all in all, Spring is coming and we must prepare ourselves!! One of the things I really want to get out on the blog soon is moving away from fast fashion, which I will share with you all very soon so stay tuned.
As many of us will be transitioning from Winter to Spring very soon (if not already) I wanted to share some tips that may help this transition become a little easier, and a bit more fun.
- Don’t rush the sandals, ease into a baby doll shoe, or sling back, ankle boots and booties are also an excellent choice.
- Keep the scarf and change the length of the shirt sleeves. Move into 3 quarter and short sleeves.
- Bring the leather back out. I know, I know it’s better in Fall but invest in a light weight leather jacket. If you’re anything like me invest in a few. They have really cute faux leather Spring colored jackets at a lot of stores.
- Joggers are an excellent substitute for wearing jeans everyday. I have on a lightweight pair above.
- Ankle Pants win every time!!! You can keep the long sleeve shirt when you wear them too, they even work well with light weight sweaters.
- Wear a vest instead of a Blazer, gives you a classic/professional look, but lightens the “look and feel of Winter.”
- Wear those red lipsticks, but get comfortable in the nudes and pinks too.
- Mix light and dark colors while the season is still right. Dark jeans or black are still good colors to wear but mix them with a pop of pink or yellow, even a soft green, and don’t forget about a nice clean white top with colorful jewelry.
- Don’t be afraid to wear a skirt, Move away from the tights and move into the flesh tone nylon (stockings) era. Show off those legs a little.
- Sexy eye candy. Invest in some super cute shades! Have about 2 pair to mix and match with different looks. Believe me, they make a difference
Looking for more tips and pics sign up for my NEWSLETTER and get the in on 4 must have pieces as well 8 more transition tips being released tomorrow February 22nd, 2017.
I plan to revisit these tips with some pictures for you in the near future! Tell me if you liked these tips and I can bring you more transition goodies as you like!
Now on to this outfit that involves Fast fashion, a little winter, and a peek of Spring. I am seen wearing a thrifted outfit aside from my shoes. The faux woolish/fur vest and these pants were both thrifted at my local good will. I found this long sleeve tee that I tied up at another local gem and paired it with these high heels booties to show off a little skin while still having some fun in between seasons. As much as I am going to miss buying so much “Fast fashion,” I know it will be worth it in the end. Stay tuned!